[Babel-users] Route-dete :wq

Christof Schulze christof.schulze at gmx.net
Wed Mar 7 22:58:22 UTC 2018

Hi Toke,

>> possible solutions that come to my mind are:
>> * making babel trigger updates on newly appeared routes
>
>Wait, it isn't doing that already? Yeah, this would be an obvious
>improvement :)
I think babel is meant to do triggered updates however using tcpdump I
was not able to see them when the route was inserted. From a user
perspective this means no perceived connectivity until the next update.

>Also, why isn't l3roamd detecting when the client connects to the AP and
>inserting the route immediately (that is complementary, but could
>further decrease the delay).
l3roamd does exactly that. However in a multi-hop scenario it is not
enough to just add routes to the local AP. The routes must be adjusted
in all other places along the route towards the edges of the network at
the very least.

Christof

/\  against proprietary attachments