[Babel-users] Babel mesh in the skies :)

Valent Turkovic valent at otvorenamreza.org
Mon Mar 26 21:05:02 UTC 2018

On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 4:27 PM, Benjamin Henrion <zoobab at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 26, 2018, 16:14 Valent Turkovic <valent at otvorenamreza.org>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi good people of Babel,
>>
>> you may find this video interesting:
>> https://youtu.be/agPdI7cY5eU
>>
>> We are using Babel routing for MeshPoint, and we would like to become
>> a more active contributors to Babel project.
>

> Hi,
>
> How long does the drone can stay in the air without going back to ground?

Idea behind this project is to have power tether that would give power
from the ground, so drone would stay in the sky 24/7 if needed.

> Do you use mutiple radio channels?

On "regular" MeshPoint we have three radios and we use three different channels.

But because our current drone can carry payload up to 1kg we used only
one radio in for MeshPoint Air drone, and also we don't need hundreds
of clients connected on the drone, we would do that part on the
ground. Drone is used mostly for setting up point to point long range
wifi or lte links.

Cheers,
Valent.