[Babel-users] bird version interop issues

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 18:14:46 GMT 2018

On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 9:27 AM Juliusz Chroboczek <jch at irif.fr> wrote:

> > Received prefix with no router id.
> > Couldn't parse packet (8, 12) from fe80::230:18ff:fec9:de9c on eno1.
>
> Dave, this is concerning, as it indicates that either BIRD or babeld is
> violating the spec.  I'll try to reproduce it, but if you manage to
> capture the paket that's causing this message, that'd be very helpful.

To me it implies that there's a wrap/fencepost issue when it comes to
formatting the next packet in bird.

It can be easily triggered via rtod injection on the babeld host. I
sniffed just for the bird host de9c to get this cap...

./rtod -r 512 # you get a couple... wait a few seconds then

ip -6 flush proto 50

and you get a bunch.

and the cap is at:

http://www.taht.net/~d/parse_packet.cap

my guess is that (for example) packet 54 in that cap is wrong.... but
I got at least 6 in that burst, so... I fall to your eyeballs.

> -- Juliusz

CTO, TekLibre, LLC
http://www.teklibre.com
Tel: 1-831-205-9740