[Babel-users] hmac merge

Antonin Décimo antonin.decimo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 22:57:39 GMT 2018

 >> I do have one objection to the codebase, in that it pulls in
 >> libgcrypt, ssl, and pthreads... about 5MB? of libs... for two hash
 >> functions.
 >
 > Yeah, we should just include an implementation of SHA-256 in the code.

There's also the option of using the kernel crypto api.  We'd have
something (hopefully correct), possibly hardware-accelerated.
Linux and BSD expose different interfaces, of course.

 From my tests, `LDFLAGS= -lcrypto` is enough.

Also, I wonder why the HMAC set of functions [1] from OpenSSL were not
used.  Could they be applied here?

[1]: https://www.openssl.org/docs/manmaster/man3/HMAC.html

-- Antonin