[Babel-users] paralysis

Christof Schulze christof.schulze at gmx.net
Wed Nov 21 19:12:17 GMT 2018

>(why is there a 20 interface limit in kernel_netlink.c?), but
Why indeed? I am hoping to run babeld with >150 interfaces soonish.
Of course I can adjust the define but I'd rather have this limitation
understood than just fiddling with it.

>Then i went around looking at the other 58 branches, saw that mattieu
>had done a bier mockup on top of the dev branch, didn't see many major
>mods besides (where is the dtls stuff?) what I'd mentioned...
>
>Then I went to go fiddle with the timerwheel idea which wants a clean
>64bit type and that meant ripping out timeval in babel and switching
>to that... which would be a mild speedup overall...
>
>Total paralysis ensued. Anybody else have this problem? :/ Is there a
>path forward? Were I to regain ambition it would be to
>get hmac working, then try to bring the datum branch forward.
>
>The sole positive note is that I found a better looking netlink
>library for go than what existed 2+ years back... which is where I
>think the golang version of babel stalled out
>(https://github.com/sh3rp/gabel) ... except that i can't find that lib
>again this morning, and it's not the first hits on google.
>
>It's the time of year where this song keeps popping into my head.
>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5_8U4j51lI
Well I think it is time to consolidate all the different patchsets
again. Frankly I have lost it somewhere between trees, skiplists and
timerwheels in your many and greatly appreciated attempts to get babel
to scale better.

Christof

/\  against proprietary attachments