[Babel-users] Use of Meson+Ninja build systems to compile babeld

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at irif.fr
Mon Oct 8 19:49:36 BST 2018

>> Over my dead body.

> Soon enough, then?

The point I'm making is that we want to avoid introducing dependencies.
With Meson, we would depend on Meson itself, on Ninja, and on Python --
three technologies that I don't fully understand and that I'm unable to
fix if something goes wrong.  What's more, anyone wishing to adapt the
babeld build to their needs only needs to understand Make -- not so with
Meson.

>> Are you running "make -j"?

> export MAKEFLAGS="-j$(nproc)"

Then I'd like to undestand why the Make-based build is so slow for you.