[Babel-users] profiling at 10,000 routes

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 22:02:15 BST 2018

On Sat, Oct 13, 2018 at 5:04 AM Juliusz Chroboczek <jch at irif.fr> wrote:

> >  92.52     18.17    18.17 38243948     0.00     0.00  find_resend
>
> Thanks, that's helpful.
>
> > fix with binary search? timer wheel? ?
>
> Binary heap?

rbtree. My plan is to sort the bits, hammer them into submission, then
jump up and down on the 4 hotspots
until they go away in my usual sloppy POC. 64k routes or bust!

https://github.com/dtaht/babeld/issues/31

Finding a rbtree library we both like would be problematic, as I lean
black (inline C include folding the exta bit into the pointer, linux
rbtree is nicer), and you'd probably lean red (like the freebsd
implementation? libavl?)

Hmm... this?

https://github.com/fmela/libdict

> -- Juliusz