[Babel-users] Babeld news

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at irif.fr
Tue Oct 23 22:30:32 BST 2018

0. Pro memoria, babeld-1.8.1 and later are safe to use in networks with
   the new source-specific code.

1. I've added a new per-interface flag "rfc6126-compatible" to the babeld
   config file.  It's a noop in the 1.8 branch, in the 1.9 branch it
   prevents sending of packets that might confuse an older implementation
   of Babel.

2. Babeld-1.8.4 is due in the second half of 2018, so if you have any
   urgent bug fixes suitable for the stable branch, please send them
   again.  (Yeah, I know, I've not been a very good maintainer of late.)

3. I've just finished implementing the new source-specific extension.
   It's in branch rfc6126bis, and is *completely* untested -- all I know
   is that it compiles.  I'm planning to fix the bugs tomorrow, please
   beat me to it ;-)