[Babel-users] ddns with linode

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 21:48:18 BST 2018

Not really.

* The first couple of linode steps seem to be pretty manual. With
nsupdate it's a bit less manual with bind9....

* I don't need to register all my boxes in global dns, just a couple
servers. In that case, it's http://ceres.taht.net:8080

* Those few that I do, I'd like to register each of the source
specific addresses in dns so as to be able to fall over...

* it would be good for each to install "the best" ss address as it's
default addr (is that what the prefsrc patch could do?)

* Ceres is not an openwrt box (no ddns package), it's a fresh upgrade
to ubuntu bionic... and systemd breaks /etc/network/ifup.post rules
nowadays, has no ifup/ifdown commands....

sigh... while all that is happening I have a new subnet up in the lab
to fiddle with bird/frr/etc.

What me to add to the apparent complexity? :) I get a ipv4/29 from
comcast, and would love to somehow drag one of those real ips from
that openwrt box 6 babe hops all the way to the lab so old fashioned
email would work once again...

anyway, regardless, I hope the last 6 routers go up this weekend, and
for the first time in 6 years, have the same os + a babeld update on
all them. I have cross compilers installed for the 5 different cpu
types and can push out the latest and greatest babeld revisions that
way. It's actually 7 routers, + the last (hopefully) cerowrt box in
the world which I'm trying to figure out why dhcpv6-pd isn't working
on on this latest openwrt before finally replacing.

fun.