[Babel-users] a better bird config and a survived gnarly rtod test

Dave Taht dave at taht.net
Thu Oct 25 22:26:11 BST 2018

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <toke at toke.dk> writes:

>>> How did the BIRD box behave?
>>
>>On the bird front, I'm thinking this is essentially wrong... it should
>>match babel for wired links (96). Does bird have the ability to
>>distinguish between wired and wireless links (inflating txcost as
>>babeld does)
>
> Only through manual config, currently. I'm hoping to add auto-detection at some point...

Still, 96? Better?

Henning had pointed us at olsrv2's implementation of a netlink interface
for wifi channel detection at one point. odhcpd is using a much easier
API to netlink than that did, but I don't know when it runs out of steam.

In my now overflowing list of things to do in my spare time was to try
converting all of kernel_netlink.c over to that api while preserving
the semantics of my babeld-atomic branch....