[Babel-users] 57 forks of babel on github

Dave Taht dave at taht.net
Sun Oct 28 02:57:39 GMT 2018

I was struggling to figure out the hmac, unicast, hmac-challenge, xroute-nlogn
differences today... they - almost - merge now.

https://github.com/wkolod/babeld.git ? for hmac? hmac-challenge?

... then I embarked on a survey of the 57 forks of babel and their
branches, on github.

It turned out not as bad as all that, I only found a few branches
of interest, noted below:

* I *love* matthieu's "dev" "struct datum" branch here: https://github.com/boutier/babeld.git

stuff like this just warms the cockles of my heart.

struct babel_route *
find_route(const struct datum *dt, struct neighbour *neigh,
           const unsigned char *nexthop)
{
    struct babel_route *route;
    int i = find_route_slot(dt, NULL);

I know how painful this would be to clean up again, but oh, this branch
is so much easier to read. And improve...

... not clear if the "Chouasne" algo is anywhere?

* Althea had some useful looking tests:

https://github.com/althea-mesh/babeld/tree/althea/tests

I don't get what their whole "fee" thing is.

* There's a fork integrating babel into an ubuntu "snap" capable
component, which looks possibly *really* helpful in getting some more
scalability testing:

https://github.com/markshuttle/babeld

* I'm under the impression the sudoroom things were not accepted
  but the -G option resulted from this:

https://github.com/sudomesh/babeld/commits/master

* I probably missed a couple

* and then there's my mess. so far in 24 hours of abuse
with the hacky patch I supplied earlier... just the normal
things blow up under normal abuse.

(although my inline qsort version did crash, eventually a day or two back)