[Babel-users] Please test master

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at irif.fr
Sat Sep 22 10:54:33 BST 2018

> but when I tested it yesterday, it was still uninstalling routes that
> were reachable on a regular basis after the metric went to 2^16. Then
> about 2-5 seconds later, it would put them back in.

So the routing protocol is doing fine, it's the link quality estimator
that's unstable.  Good.

First, make sure that you're not running two instances of babeld on the
same node.  (The common symptom of that is that the two LQ estimators
interfere.)

Second, you'll need to understand why the LQ estimator is fluctuating.  Is
it due to the data traffic crowding out the LQ estimator, e.g. because the
link layer is dropping multicasts under load?  Or do the fluctuations
happen even in the absence of data traffic?