[Babel-users] Babeld vs. BIRD [was: Please test master]

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 17:56:21 BST 2018

On Wed, Sep 26, 2018 at 8:23 AM Juliusz Chroboczek <jch at irif.fr> wrote:

> > What exactly are you suggesting? Babeld should not set unreachable when
> > removing routes? I have always wondered about that specific behavior of
> > babeld.
>
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-babel-rfc6126bis-05#section-3.5.5

In case we're all talking past each other - that section refers to
babel's internal infinite metric.

Expressing that into the kernel, it seems far saner to keep the
current kernel metric (as bird and FRR) do, and just mark the route as
unreachable as it is a separate property.
(You can't do an atomic update on both unreach and metric at the same time)

(as best as I recall, actually, the quagga version marked that route
as a blackhole by default, same metric)