[Babel-users] Babeld vs. BIRD [was: Please test master]

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 19:09:20 BST 2018

On Wed, Sep 26, 2018 at 11:01 AM Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <toke at toke.dk> wrote:

> >> Weren't these messages in the babeld log?
> >
> > My bad.  Yeah, sorry.
>
> Hmm, we did actually fix a bug a few months ago where Bird would send
> out v4 routes even though it didn't have a next hop for it. The fix is
> in commit caa9d03d65ce827ce536d54b26988e70767e032f.
>
> Dave, are you sure you're running the latest git version of Bird?

I pulled and built and played with your int-new branch which has that
commit in it.

I backed off on using it while I climb roofs. I ran into some issues
(possibly historical related to some
tweaks of things like txcost elsewhere in the net), and I decided it
made more sense to get the core routers to the
same babeld on one set of compilers and a common set of OSes before
testing interop further.

3 replaced, 3 to go, a half dozen machines in the lab.

> -Toke

CEO, TekLibre, LLC
http://www.teklibre.com
Tel: 1-669-226-2619