[Babel-users] leaving Multicast Group in check_interfaces()

Christof Schulze christof.schulze at gmx.net
Mon Jul 1 08:25:21 BST 2019

Hello everyone,

In check_interfaces() there is one implementation detail that astonishes
me:

When it is found that the ifindex is changed, I would expect that the
interface must be re-initialized. Thus: taking it down (As the logic
currently does) and leaving the multicast group. The current
implementation leans on a hidden way of not leaving the multicast group
in this case however.

Why is that?
Shouldn't we leave and re-join later if the interface status indeed is
changed?

Regards

Christof