[Babel-users] anyone using hwsim around?

Ramon Fontes ramonreisfontes at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 14:50:29 BST 2019

Hello,

Yes, we're using hwsim. I'd say both mac80211_hwsim and fakelb modules.
Mininet-WiFi relies on IEEE 802.11 and IEEE 802.15.4 to simulate wifi and
6lowpan. You'll find a couple of sample files at /examples
<https://github.com/intrig-unicamp/mininet-wifi/tree/master/examples>.

BTW, we launched the successor of Mininet-WiFi (Mininet-IoT -
https://github.com/intrig-unicamp/mininet-iot) weeks ago, in which we
intend to improve the support to 6lowpan (now using mac802154_hwsim and
available since kernel version 4.18) and eventually add more wireless
technologies.

--
Ramon Fontes