[Babel-users] [babel] Reworked implementation of HMAC authentication

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Tue Mar 12 12:45:43 GMT 2019

Juliusz Chroboczek <jch at irif.fr> writes:

>> FWIW, Bird will also use the simpler mechanism (a key is part of the
>> iface config).
>
> How do you share a key between interfaces?

You can set them globally or per-interface (interface options in general
are just overrides of the global per-protocol options). I'm not sure
what happens if you set both, actually.

If you want to, say, use the same key on two interfaces, but not a
third, you'd have to copy the config line to both interface configs.

There are also a bunch of per-key options, such as active times and an
ID. See the 'password' entry here:
https://bird.network.cz/?get_doc&v=20&f=bird-3.html#ss3.3

I haven't played around with this extensively, but am planning to do
that once I get around to updating the implementation to the latest
version of the draft...

-Toke