[Babel-users] "Warning: couldn't find router id -- using random value."

Moritz Warning moritzwarning at web.de
Wed Oct 9 22:02:38 BST 2019

Hi,

I tried some simulation with a lot (>700) of interfaces and >100 babeld instances on my GNU/Linux installation.

Babeld will error with "Warning: couldn't find router id -- using random value." since it searches for interface ids from 1 to 256.
This is too low for my setup. An approach to use getifaddrs would solve this issue (at least for Linux).

In case that part of code gets rewritten. It would be nice to work around this small problem.

thanks,
Moritz