[Babel-users] v4-over-v6 implementation

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at irif.fr
Mon Apr 20 15:52:34 BST 2020

>> However, relying on a kernel error looks a bit ugly to me, and I've put
>> it on my to-do list to catch the error earlier.

> It should not re-advertise the route if it cannot install it, IMHO.

It doesn't -- it detects the error and then marks the route as
uninstalled.  However, it doesn't try with an alternate route -- if
a route to a given destination fails, we simply fallback to the default
route.

So either we add code to retry with higher-metric routes that might work,
or we detect at startup whether the feature is available.  Théo prefers
the latter approach, I'm waiting to see how difficult it is.