[Babel-users] babeld for android?

Gio gio at diveni.re
Sat Feb 1 14:05:09 GMT 2020

On Friday, 31 January 2020 23:53:35 CET Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
> > Be aware that by default multicast listening in android wifi is disabled
> > and you need to call some android java code to enable it for your app (in
> > this case babel) also apps get warnings and restrictions if they attempt
> > to get information about interfaces IP address and related information
>
> Was that with babeld or with Justin's Java code?

In babel if you wan't it to run on android via WiFi

Here is how we enabled it in RetroShare taking advantage of some Qt goodies,
in babel it will probably be a bit more complex because there is no Qt helpers
to interface to Android Java objects, so you will probebly need to use plain
JNI

https://github.com/RetroShare/RetroShare/blob/master/libretroshare/src/
services/broadcastdiscoveryservice.cc#L261

And here you can find details about the warning one get on some android version
and devices when attempting to read own network interface addresses

https://github.com/RetroShare/RetroShare/issues/1452

As we use again Qt goodies to do that on Android easier I reported a bug with
more details to Qt too

https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-78659

In particular this comment might be relevant for babel too

https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-78659?
focusedCommentId=477705&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-
tabpanel#comment-477705

Cheers!
G10h4ck