[Babel-users] Multiple internet gateways in the mesh

Mark Shuttleworth mark.shuttleworth at canonical.com
Mon Nov 8 18:39:40 GMT 2021

On 07/11/2021 23:47, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
>    1. Make sure that the static route is not visible to babeld:
>
>       redistribute ip 0.0.0.0/0 proto xxx allow
>       redistribute ip :::/0 proto xxx allow
>
>       where xxx is *not* the protocol of the static route.  (This is the
>       difference with your configuration, where you ask Babeld to
>       redistribute routes for all protocols, including the one of the
>       static route.)
>
>    2. When the route has been shown to be routable, have your reachability
>       daemon install a route tagged with the protocol that Babeld redistributes:
>
>       ip route add ... proto xxx

Thinking about this further, I think it could work if I used a different
proto for each site.

So Site A would use proto isp_a, Site B could use isp_b, and Site C
could use isp_c.

Now, installing the "local" default route doesn't preclude the
installation of default routes, possibly with a lower metric, from the
other sites.

Is that what you meant?

Mark