[Babel-users] Adding/Removing Interfaces without Interruption?

Nick vincent at systemli.org
Sun Jan 23 10:50:47 GMT 2022

Hello,
I would like to add and remove interfaces without interruption of the
routing. If I do an mtr(tracepath) and add/remove an interface, the
routing is changed, although the interface has nothing to do with the
route. In particular, we have a gateway and I want to add/remove
wireguard interfaces to that gateway. If I reload babeld on OpenWrt to
apply the new setting, for some minutes, the routing is different.

I added dynamic adding and removing to OLSR in OpenWrt:
https://github.com/openwrt/routing/commit/0bffe620b441c039780d4336a15c8ed4f2ebbbf4

It would be nice to have something similar with babeld.

Bests
Nick