[Babel-users] Unable to get ping successfully

Surya Krishnan suryakrishnan9090 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 06:39:51 GMT 2022

Good Day Respected Authors,

I cannot seem to get babeld to work on my device. I presume I am missing
something. I have followed the instructions here,
https://github.com/jech/babeld.

The setup is made using Raspberry Pi with USB Wi-Fi dongle. The
Wi-Fidevices are placed into ad-hoc mode with the following commands:
     sudo ip link set wlan1 down
     sudo iwconfig wlan1 mode ad-hoc channel 11 essid "mesh"
     sudo ip link set up dev wlan1

IP addresses are assigned to the interface with the following commands:

Pi 1
     sudo ip addr add 192.168.13.33/32 dev wlan1
     sudo ip -6 addr add $(generate-ipv6-address -r)/128 dev wlan1
** here I am having an error saying it cannot find the
generate-ipv6-address*

Pi 2
     sudo ip addr add 192.168.13.34/32 dev wlan1
     sudo ip -6 addr add $(generate-ipv6-address -r)/128 dev wlan1

** here I am having an error saying it cannot find the
generate-ipv6-address*At this point, I tried to ping both of them using
IPv4 via the wlan1 interface. It says network unreachable.

Am I missing any steps here? Please advice.

Thank you.

Regards,
Surya