[Babel-users] babeld slashes kernel route manipulation performance by 17000%

Daniel Gröber dxld at darkboxed.org
Wed May 4 14:13:19 BST 2022

On Thu, Apr 14, 2022 at 08:58:53PM +0200, Toke Høiland-Jørgensen wrote:
> Side note: why is bird replacing all the routes in the first place? :)

FYI: I figured this out in the end. Turns out I had the BGP sessions in
bird configured as `multihop 1`/direct with global scope addressess that
babel would (sometimes) re-route indirectly. Every time that happens the
BGP session would then break :)

I use link-locals now, much better. Doesn't really make sense to re-route
the BGP session endoints haha.

--Daniel