[Babel-users] Babel MAC auth fails due to packet reordering

Daniel Gröber dxld at darkboxed.org
Fri May 6 04:43:54 BST 2022

Hi Toke,

On Thu, May 05, 2022 at 07:14:24PM +0200, Toke Høiland-Jørgensen wrote:
> Could you please try turning off power saving on the client device and
> see if that makes the problem go away? 'iw dev wlan0 set power_save off'
> should do the trick. You'll also need to make sure no other devices are
> connected to the AP while you're testing (or that they also all have
> power save disabled).

Yup, that did the trick. If I kick all the smartphones off my network (and
disable power-save on the babel peer) the problem goes away but comes back
as soon as I reconnect one.

I was wondering why you wanted me to remove all clients but I think I get
it: ordinarily the power save packet buffering would only affect one client
but since we're talking about multicast here the AP (apparently) buffers
those packets if _any_ client is requesting power save.

--Daniel