[Babel-users] [babel] Babel MAC auth fails due to packet reordering

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at irif.fr
Fri May 13 23:41:04 BST 2022

Daniel,

I've managed to reproduce the problem locally, and I've confirmed that the
split-PC approach fixes the issue.  I'm seeing failed PC validations, but
not enough to cause association failure.

I've merged the fix into master.  Right now, I'm not planning to implement
the window-based algorithm, which Toke has implemented in addition to
split-PC, but I'm open to evidence that it is actually needed.

I'm planning to release babeld-1.12.1 soon.  Please let me know if for
some reason you need a backport to 1.11.

Thanks again for your help,