[Babel-users] [babel] Babel MAC auth fails due to packet reordering

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Mon May 16 11:53:50 BST 2022

Daniel Gröber <dxld at darkboxed.org> writes:

> On Sat, May 14, 2022 at 12:37:16AM +0200, Toke Høiland-Jørgensen wrote:
>> Ah, oops; looks like I got my operator precedence wrong, so the code is
>> doing pointer arithmetic instead of adding to the value being pointed
>> to...
>>
>> Pushed a fixed version here:
>> https://github.com/tohojo/bird/tree/babel-ooo-pc
>>
>> Could you try if that works better, please? :)
>
> It's still crashing:

Heh, so took another look, and seems it was not so much the pointer
arithmetic as my basic failure to match up printf() format specifiers
and arguments that was causing the failure. Force-pushed another
version, which hopefully fixes everything properly this time; try that? :)

Assuming this does stop the crashes, it would also be useful if you
could turn on auth logging and post the log; that will show us if the
window-based verification is actually kicking in at all...

-Toke