[Babel-users] Some news about Babel

Donald Eastlake d3e3e3 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 21:19:26 GMT 2023

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 16, 2023 at 8:37 AM Juliusz Chroboczek <jch at irif.fr> wrote:

> Hi,

> 1. IETF activity
> ================
>
> We've managed to publish as RFCs almost all that's used in production.
> The exceptions are:
>
>   - relaxed MAC verification (draft-ietf-babel-mac-relaxed), which is
>     stuck in limbo for reasons that I don't understand;

I believe this is waiting for the IETF Babel WG Area Director, Andrew
Alston, to review the draft. I'll ping him.

>   - RTT-based routing (draft-ietf-babel-rtt-extension), which I keep
>     wanting to rewrite, but keep getting sidetracked by things like
>     student examinations and the French government implementing "reforms".

I think that we can push the rtt-extension document through fairly
quickly after you rewrite/repost.

- The Babel YANG draft
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-babel-yang-model/) is
through most of the process and is at the RFC Editor but, because it
normatively references
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netconf-crypto-types/, it
is hung up until that draft progresses.

Thanks,
Donald
 2386 Panoramic Circle, Apopka, FL 32703 USA
 d3e3e3 at gmail.com