[Babel-users] Sources in the protocol [was: A Babel implementation in Go]

Daniel Gröber dxld at darkboxed.org
Thu Jun 1 16:31:13 BST 2023

Hi Juliusz,

On Thu, May 18, 2023 at 05:14:40PM +0200, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
> > The only corner of the babel RFC that still scares me are "sources" :)
>
> Then let me lecture a bit :-)

I should have been more specific, I understand the purpose of the source
construct, it's more the protocol interactions and source table entry
lifetime that I haven't spent enough time trying to understand yet.

This is just how it is when I work on an existing implementation: I just
zoom into the bits that are relevant to my problem/use-case and assume
everything else works as it should :)

--Daniel