[Babel-users] IPv6 ULA GUA S2S routing problem

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at irif.fr
Mon Mar 13 10:35:40 GMT 2023

> There is one gotcha that I'd like to point out. babeld fucks with a number
> of ip sysctls which you might not expect if your routers are already setup
> as you want them. You can disable this using `skip-kernel-setup true`. Grep
> the source for skip_kernel_setup to see the sysctls it touches.

If you use "skip-kernel-setup", it is your job to ensure that the kernel
is set up correctly for routing.  Here's the list of sysctls that babeld
tweaks:

    /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/all/forwarding
    /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/forwarding
    /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/all/accept_redirects
    /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/rp_filter
    /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/$interface/rp_filter