[Babel-users] A Babel implementation in Go

Daniel Gröber dxld at darkboxed.org
Thu May 18 14:00:18 BST 2023

Hi Steffen,

On Thu, May 18, 2023 at 09:41:30AM +0200, Steffen Vogel wrote:
> My hope is to find a few collaborators for my endeavor who can support me
> with the tricky parts of the protocol.

Sounds fun. I'd be interested in helping out. Been meaning to get more into
go anyway.

I've been running a small network on babeld and bird for a while now,
written a major patch for bird and found a bug in the RFC in the
process. The only corner of the babel RFC that still scares me are
"sources" :)

Something I've been mulling over is starting a compatibility test suite for
babel because there do seem to be some corners that are easy to get
wrong. Starting a new implementation that's structured as a library might
be a good opportunity to do that.

--Daniel