[Blend-tinker-devel] Debian Tinker Project

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Wed Mar 23 00:25:16 UTC 2016

Hi Sarath!

Quoting sarath kumar (2016-03-22 17:11:18)
> On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 9:36 PM, sarath kumar <crazysarath8055 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thanks for having myself in the DebianTinker Project. I understand
>> the need of DebianTinker. I am not sure about the origin of the
>> project or when the idea originated.

I started this Blend in January while at the KEK in Kerala, India.
Hopefully it will not really be "my blend" but adopted by anyone else
who see a point in, and wanting to help drive, Debian being easy to use
at hackerspaces and similar tinkering environments.

>> I think its time to start. If already started forgive me, Help me to
>> catch up with you people
[...]
> Is there anything i could do for DebianTinker like suggesting EDA
> packages. I am new to Debian Dev team. i couldn't figure out my role

What you (and everyone else) can do is explore Debian (unstable is best
but stable is also fine) and post here to the list any suggestions for
inclusion to the Blend.

What I will do is (meant to do back in january but haven't gotten around
to it yet - got distracted by other exciting work) is put together a
Boxer recipe for generating systems which includes the proposed
packages.  When that is done, you can help by playing with that recipe
and refine it (if you get write access to git - you can already now see
wiki.debian.org/Alioth/SSH for how to gain access).

 - Jonas