[Blend-tinker-devel] HyperBorg introduction

Jonas Smedegaard jonas at jones.dk
Mon Nov 9 20:10:41 GMT 2020

Hi Imre, and others following along,

Quoting Imre, Nagy (2020-11-09 16:26:08)

For the record, the ITP is this: https://bugs.debian.org/973795

> I both tried to use Domoticz and Home Assistant, but I do feel that
> their style, GUI and concept can be improved. Since home management is
> one key hobby of my own, I have started the HyperBorg project. (Demo
> is at https://hyperborg.com)

> In a more general approach, it is a framework that tries to connect
> IoT devices together. Ex. you have a sensor array on a PI and an SQL
> server on another one. As long as they can communicate over TCP/IP,
> they work together and your sensor's data goes into SQL.

So... custom data stored in SQL is at the core of your project?

Can I perhaps interest you in using RDF at the core, using the W3C
recommended model: https://www.w3.org/TR/wot-thing-description/

> Current status:
> Before POC. It is a bit far away from minimal usable version. It DOES
> connect to each other and controls my lights via I2C (and could read
> 1Wire), but it still requires me to operate. It would greately improve
> in the next 2 months.

Sounds exciting.

At your demo website, I can suggest that you link to the Firefox issue,
so that readers can go check if perhaps things have changed since you
wrote it (my Firefox does _not_ have that flagged turned off, but fails
to work anyway).

> What I need from you:
> - I need inspiration from you what you need (If I am not mistaken, you
> have interest in a system like this)
> - I would like to collaborate in packaging my stuff in a Debian Blend
> (or Yocto image). I have no knowledge on how to create a src package on
> my own, and certainly I would make it bad in the first some runs (and I
> would prefer implementing stuff rather than packaging it). I do not know
> where is the acceptable balance, how much should I pre-diegest my
> package, so you would feel that fair to work with that.

For the record: Imre and I have hung out on irc and begun the Debian
packaging: https://salsa.debian.org/tinker-team/hyperborg

 - Jonas