[Boxer-devel] What exactly does boxer do?

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Sun Jan 17 06:09:45 UTC 2016

Quoting Stephan Foley (2016-01-17 10:06:45)
> Hello, I am looking at the source for boxer and trying to figure out
> what it does. Here is the file listing:
>
> perl5/auto
> perl5/auto/share
> perl5/auto/share/dist
> perl5/auto/share/dist/Boxer
> perl5/auto/share/dist/Boxer/skel
> perl5/auto/share/dist/Boxer/skel/preseed.cfg.in
> perl5/auto/share/dist/Boxer/skel/script.sh.in
> perl5/Boxer
> perl5/Boxer/CLI
> perl5/Boxer/CLI/Command
> perl5/Boxer/CLI/Command/About.pm
> perl5/Boxer/CLI/Command/Aliases.pm
> perl5/Boxer/CLI/Command/Commands.pm
> perl5/Boxer/CLI/Command/Compose.pm
> perl5/Boxer/CLI/Command.pm
> perl5/Boxer/CLI.pm
> perl5/Boxer/Role
> perl5/Boxer/Role/Interact.pm
> perl5/Boxer/Task
> perl5/Boxer/Task/Classify.pm
> perl5/Boxer/Task/Serialize.pm
> perl5/Boxer/Task.pm
> perl5/Boxer/Types.pm
> perl5/Boxer.pm
>
> Ideally, someone can explain what is happening in Task, Types, Role,
> CLI, etc. Thanks :-)

What more specifically are you uncertain about?

> PS I could probably do a rewrite in Python if you wanted...

I have no plans to rewirte Boxer in Python (I see no benefit in that),
but next major release will hopefully change (or extend) to handle data
expressed not in custom YAML but in standards-based RDF.  I would be
quite happy to get help in tackling that, if interested.

 - Jonas