[Calendarserver-discuss] Free Software calendaring and groupware (in and beyond Debian)

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Sat Nov 7 13:34:50 UTC 2015

On Friday 6. November 2015 19.44.46 Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> Quoting Paul Boddie (2015-11-06 19:28:35)
>
> > Well, I've started writing up my own solution, and details can be
> > found here:
> >
> > http://groupware.boddie.org.uk/
> >
> > Specifically:
> >
> > http://groupware.boddie.org.uk/imip-agent
>
> Wauw!
>
> That looks marvellous.  Looking forward to getting that into Debian.

Thanks! It needs road-testing first, though, but as I've written elsewhere I
think that it's worth "starting the conversation" by making the code available
and seeing if it has value to anyone.

Certainly, I think it's worthwhile getting the mechanisms well-described by
prose and code so that other projects can also improve their scheduling
support: the various specifications give the impression of being evolved
descriptions of certain existing, proprietary products (whose producers don't
really prioritise interoperability anyway).

Paul