[Calendarserver-discuss] imip-agent 0.2 (iMIP capabilities for mail servers)

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Tue Apr 26 19:50:47 UTC 2016

Hello,

Since there's been some discussion about it on this list, I thought I would
announce a new version of imip-agent: an extension for existing mail systems
(such as Exim and Postfix) providing extra support for calendaring and
scheduling using the iCalendar, iMIP and iTIP standards.

Here's the Web page:

http://groupware.boddie.org.uk/imip-agent

And the changes since I made the 0.1 release:

http://groupware.boddie.org.uk/imip-agent/Changelog

I spent some time looking at the storage architecture and permitting the
storage of calendar objects in PostgreSQL, providing an alternative to just
using the filesystem for those who perhaps trust a relational database a bit
more. I've also broadened the automated scheduling support, adding things like
policies and scheduling constraints:

http://groupware.boddie.org.uk/imip-agent/Resources

There are still plenty of things to consider adding and improving, but I
thought it to be a reasonable point in time to define the work done so far as
a new release.

Thanks to everyone who has offered help and encouragement around this work!

Paul