[Calendarserver-discuss] imip-agent 0.3 (iMIP capabilities for mail servers)

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Sun Apr 2 21:24:48 UTC 2017

Hello again!

Mostly because there appears to be a groupware meeting coming up, and
especially because Jonas has put imip-agent against his name on the wiki page
for the meeting, I've made another release of imip-agent. :-)

As I wrote last time, imip-agent is an extension for existing mail systems
(such as Exim and Postfix) providing extra support for calendaring and
scheduling using the iCalendar, iMIP and iTIP standards.

Here's the Web page:

http://groupware.boddie.org.uk/imip-agent

And the changelog:

http://groupware.boddie.org.uk/imip-agent/Changelog

Although I haven't really managed to focus on imip-agent that much since the
last release, I did manage to do some architectural changes, try and develop
the scheduling functionality further, and given Jonas's suggestions concerning
the packaging, I changed the extension and configuration mechanisms to make it
less hostile to Debian policy. Or at least make Jonas's job easier. ;-)

There are still plenty of things that could be greatly improved, of course,
and I still don't really use the software as much as I should myself, but I
hope that other people still find it interesting and/or useful.

Once again, thanks to everyone who has offered help and encouragement around
this work!

Paul