[Calendarserver-discuss] Future of caldav-tester in Debian?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Sun Apr 9 07:37:03 UTC 2017

Hi Guido.

[Guido Günther]
> radicale, davical, calypso and xandikos are using it. Some of them in
> their autopkgtests so it would be great to keep it!

Very good to hear.

> We're actively using it to increase the quality of the *Dav
> implementations.

Thank you for letting me know.

I am unable to spend much time on maintaining the package, so I hope
someone with more spare time can help out.  Upstream is not actively
making new releases, but have tagged releases in the past on my request.
Their focus is writing a tool to test their own caldav server, and they
only fetch HEAD in their own development.  Close contact with upstream
will thus help to make it easier to package updated versions in Debian.

I do not plan to drop the package, but as long as it seem to be working,
I do not plan to spend much time on it either.  I am not actively using
it myself, and thus do not regularly have an itch to scratch.

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen