[Debian-zh-dev] wrong library path in scim package

Ming Hua minghua@rice.edu
Fri, 18 Jun 2004 12:40:40 -0500

On Sat, Jun 19, 2004 at 02:47:06AM +1200, Carlos Liu wrote:
> Ming,
>
> After check your scim package, I found that scim's gtk immodule
> libraries were put in "/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.3.5". You should change it
> into "/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.4.0".

Yes, I noticed that, too.  However I don't know when that happened, I
suspect it's hardcoded in scim source.  I'll have a look at 0.9.7 and
0.9 CVS branch, and see if it's fixed.

> And, probably, you should invoke
> gtk-query-immodules-2.0 in postinst to register scim input method with
> gtk2.4.

You are right.  Anthony Fok also pointed this out, and I think he even
fixed it in the 0.9.7-1 packages.  And I suppose I need to invoke it in
postrm as well, right?

Thank you very much for the bug report.  I'll probably send them to
Alioth bug tracker as well.  I'll keep you posted.

Ming
2004.06.18

Physics is much too hard for physicists.                 --- David Hilbert