[Debian-zh-dev] Installer translation update

Carlos Liu carlos@geekbone.org
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 19:54:28 +1200

On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 03:29:13PM -0500, Ming Hua wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 14, 2004 at 09:13:12PM +1200, Carlos Liu wrote:
> > I think you should let scim depend on or recommend "ttf-arphic-gbsn00lp |
> > ttf-arphic-gkai00mp". Fcitx already add the dependency, because we must
> > have these fonts to show the input string.
> >
> > Since SCIM could use as input platform in many language, it's also
> > reasonable to recommend some Korean or Japanese fonts.
>
> I am preparing for 0.99.1 packages, and I am thinking about this issue.
> I don't want to have a Depends because not everybody use SCIM are using
> Chinese, especially we are having scim-uim and scim-m17n now.  However
> apt-get won't automatically pull Recommends by default, so a Recommends
> may not help much.

Oh, yes, you are right. Maybe, we could recommend/depend font packages
in scim-table-*/scim-chinese/scim-m17n, and write some notes in
README.Debian, just like what cjk-latex did.

> This is filed as bug #300833 in Alioth (I didn't use official BTS
> because I can't upload packages as I please, so the version infomation,
> dependency, etc. would either be wrong or look strange in BTS), comments
> are welcome.

OK, I will use alioth's bug tracker if I find something wrong on scim.

--
 Best Regards,
 Carlos