[Debconf-devel] problem with debconf and auto-guessing config

Arthur de Jong adejong at debian.org
Tue Nov 11 23:02:44 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-11-11 at 17:49 -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> Arthur de Jong wrote:
> > What is the best way to solve this problem?
>
> Moving the debconf value setting and question asking code into the
> postinst, probably.

Thanks for the quick reply. The downside of that would be that the
questions would be asked during installation and not during
preconfigure.

Maybe I can add some magic to only pick up environment data if the value
in debconf is the same as default in the template but I'll have to give
that some thought to see if that could cause problems in other cases.
That would also allow preseeding (which is probably also a problem now).

--
-- arthur - adejong at debian.org - http://people.debian.org/~adejong --