[Debconf-devel] debconf

damanpreet singh damanpreets26 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 06:12:04 UTC 2012

hi, I am a newbie in debian packaging, I need a little of your help
and guidence.
I need to create a debian package that gets input from the user and I
know debconf is the tool I am looking for. I have read most of the
webpages showing working of debconf, but I am unable to make even a
simple package that asks for a small iinput.
kindly guide me with a small example with which I can ask one simple
question to the user and then save the answer, if I do that, all my
problems will be solved.
I have gone through examples too, but was unable to knw how they are connected.
Please help, so I may help the community in future.
Thanking you

--
Damanpreet Singh
[TnP]: Training Consultant