[Debconf-devel] Debconf tests

TheSin thesin at southofheaven.org
Sat Nov 5 19:00:13 UTC 2016

Hi, I’m the fink (http://projectfink.net/) maintainer for debconf, or at least I”m trying to be, but I’m having a heck of a time with the test suite.

With no mods when I run it using "perl test_debconf.pl --all” I get

call to abstract method CopyDBTestSetup::name at /sw/lib/perl5/Test/Unit/TestRunner.pm line 54.

So I added

sub name {
	my $self = shift;

	return __PACKAGE__
}

to Test/CopyDBTest.pm just to silence the error, I know this isn’t a fix but wanted to move on from it.  Then I got the error

E.E.E.E.E.E.debconf: DbDriver "filedb": /private/tmp/ASZsaCArxY is locked by another process: Resource temporarily unavailable

So I just removed the flock check in Debconf/DbDriver/File.pm, again not a fix at all just wanted to continue past it. Then I had to the the same name sub to Test/Debconf/DbDriver/LDAPTest.pm and I had to replace LOG_DEBUG with 256 in the slapd call.

Now I’m getting

E.E.E.E.E.E.E.E.E.E.EE
Time: 20 wallclock secs ( 0.00 usr  0.01 sys +  0.03 cusr  0.01 csys =  0.05 CPU)

!!!FAILURES!!!
Test Results:
Run: 10, Failures: 0, Errors: 12

There were 12 errors:
1) Test/Debconf/DbDriver/SLAPD.pm:50 - Test::Unit::TestSuite=HASH(0x7fe758a85a30)
Error in slapd call
Can't locate object method "annotations" via package "CopyDBTestSetup" at /sw/lib/perl5/Test/Unit/TestRunner.pm line 107, <DATA> line 755.

Why am I having to change to much in the tests? All my perl modules are the same version as in Debian, I’m very confused, was hoping maybe some light could be shed on the portability of the debconf tests.  One of the big issues in fink/OSX is that we have to deal with case insensitive FS, so even just uncaring the debconf tarball is work since there is a Debconf dir and debconf script in the same dir so currently I move the script to debconf.tmp then move it back once installed.

Anyhow look forward to hearing back and more importantly getting a properly working debconf in fink again.
---
TS
http://www.southofheaven.org/
Life begins and ends with chaos, live between the chaos!