[Debconf-devel] smokeqt is obsolete and obsoletes debconf-kde

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Sun May 21 12:07:45 UTC 2017

Hi,

On Fedora-devel mailing list, they announce the retirement of smokeqt
which is required by perl-Qt and debconf-kde requires perl-Qt , the
reason is because of no upstream support and that they currently FTBFS
on rawhide.
So soon or later you will have the same problem, first I think is good
inform you that will happen but on the other hand I'd like know if you
got any plan for debconf use qt5 or something like it .

Hopefully Fedora workaround build of smokeqt in rawhide build it (with
-std=gnu++98 as workaround ) and perl-Qt still still alive ,

but still asking if It is possible build debconf without kde ? and kde
frontend ?

Thanks in advance
--
Sérgio M. B.