[Debian-astro-maintainers] Welcome to Debian Astronomy!

PICCA Frederic-Emmanuel frederic-emmanuel.picca at synchrotron-soleil.fr
Sun Mar 23 15:44:23 UTC 2014

picca at moszumanska:/git/debian-science/packages$ ls -l | wc
    429    3856   34878o Debian Astronomy!

> Congratulations!

same here for a guyes which try to figure out what is the best organisation to create the
Debian PAN blend dedicated to synchrotron / neutron / photonic data analysis...

It is true that debian-science is quite fragile (so many package which require very specific competencies)
and that this sort of specialize blend can fragment the initial effort.

I am wondering if this sort of blend should not be sort of satellite of debian-science using dedicated mailling if the traffic is to big
but for the rest use the debian-science infrastructure (especially the repositories) to avoid this fragmentation.
I like the fact that we can create dedicated blends (web site and packages thanks to Andreas works) but I do not feel confident to maintain a dedicated
repository for these blends.

Cheers

Fred