[Debian-astro-maintainers] Erin Sheldon's fitsio,package

Honscheid, Klaus kh at physics.osu.edu
Mon Feb 20 00:54:03 UTC 2017

Hi Astro Maintainers,
Thanks for producing a package for Erin Sheldons fitsio package. Unfortunately, the Embedded arm controllers we will be using for the DESI instrument are constraint to run python 3.4which is the default versions for Debian Jessie. Your package requires python3.5.
I talked to Sheldon and there is nothing in his code specifically requiring the latest python so I was wondering if you could help us out and prepare a python3-fitsio package for python 3.4.

Thanks
Klaus honscheid.
Ohio state university

Sent from my iPad