[Debian-astro-maintainers] Erin Sheldon's fitsio,package

Honscheid, Klaus kh at physics.osu.edu
Mon Feb 20 12:58:06 UTC 2017

Thanks Ole for the quick response .
I'll check with the engineer at LBL. We are certainly willing to try that but the problem with our embedded system is the very small amount of ram and disk space which prevents us from installing the gnu tools otherwise we could build the package directly from github or install it with pip. I'm hoping that our developers have a setup that supports cross compilation. That should allow us to build the package.

One of their concerns is that stretch, the new Debian version, is still buggy and not as stable as Jessie. Could you comment on this? Do you think Stretch has reached a point to be used in production?

Thanks
Klaus

Sent from my iPad