[Debian-astro-maintainers] CFITSIO update

Aurelien Jarno aurel32 at debian.org
Wed Dec 14 19:01:40 GMT 2022

Hi,

On 2022-11-28 19:32, Arida, M (GSFC-660.0)[ADNET SYSTEMS INC] wrote:
> To whom it may concern;
>
> CFITSIO was updated November 15 for a bug and security fix. (v4.20)
>
> https://heasarc.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/software/fitsio/fitsio.html
>
> If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me.
>
> If you prefer I write to the full distribution list, let me know.

I appears that fitsTcl [1] is not compatible with cfitsio v4.20 due to
the changes around ParseData and gParse. Do you happened to know if
there is a new version of fitsTcl planned fixing that issue?

Regards
Aurelien

[1] https://heasarc.gsfc.nasa.gov/ftools/fv/fitsTcl_home.html

aurelien at aurel32.net                 http://www.aurel32.net