[Debian-astro-maintainers] Stellarium should not be used for very high accurate calculation or ephemerids like eclipse predictions.

Николай Синьков nikolai-sinkov at mail.ru
Mon Feb 6 06:36:58 GMT 2023

Preface : «Stellarium should not be used for very high accurate calculation or ephemerids
like eclipse predictions.»

Indeed, when trying to connect the ephemerides developed by the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, abbreviated JPL DE431*, to determine the connection of planets in the time period before our era, the accuracy did not correspond to the actual (declared), and there were also large discrepancies with the indications of the Redshift program. I would like to know if it is possible to use Stellarium to use data in DE431 calculations with the accuracy stated for it?

Is it possible to make use of the SPICE  ( https://naif.jpl.nasa.gov/naif/spiceconcept.html )   system components and the actual kernel data files (SPK), and what needs to be done for this, can already be done, how can I help (what tools do I need for this)?
*DE431 was created in 2013 and is designed to analyze earlier historical observations of the Sun, Moon and planets. It covers a longer period of time than DE430 (from 13201 BC to 17191 AD), coinciding with DE430 with an accuracy of 1 meter for the time period covered by DE430. The position of the moon with an accuracy of 20 meters is between 1913-2113, and this error increases quadratically beyond this range.  This is the largest of the 3.4 GB ephemeris files.

--
Николай Синьков
Отправлено из Почты  Mail.ru