[Debian-astro-maintainers] Bug#1143310: gammapy: FTBFS against python 3.15rc2

Maximiliano Curia maxy at debian.org
Wed Sep 16 10:17:50 BST 2026


user debian-python at lists.debian.org
usertags 1143310 python3.15
tags 1143310 patch
thanks

Hi!

While rebuilding the python related packages against the Python 3.15rc2
version I ran into this FTBFS [1].

To solve this issue, I had to:
- Apply upstream fix b2be557592ad3fceba8988ecbeb0e7f5172daa2c:  Removed
   import from deprecated regions function. This was already added as a
   patch in salsa, but not uploaded to Debian.
- Add a patch to update use of the regions library.

I've applied these fixes in the sandbox [2] to verify that it builds
successfully, these should be applied in Debian to get the package back
to a healthy state.

Happy hacking,

[1]: https://debusine.debian.net/debian/r-python-python3.15/artifact/4598894/
[2]: https://debusine.debian.net/debian/r-python-python3.15/


-- 
"Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?" -- Sun Tzu
Saludos /\/\ /\ >< `/
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Fix-compatibility-with-regions-0.12.patch
Type: text/x-diff
Size: 5427 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://alioth-lists.debian.net/pipermail/debian-astro-maintainers/attachments/20260916/d3e749fd/attachment.patch>


More information about the Debian-astro-maintainers mailing list